The handyman industry is a growing field, with more and more homeowners recognizing the value of having a skilled professional on hand for home repairs and maintenance. Whether it’s fixing leaks, replacing light fixtures, or installing new appliances, local handyman in Clackamas are in high demand. The industry is growing due to an aging housing stock, a recovering economy, the rise of the gig economy and online platforms, an increase in home improvement projects and DIY home improvement trend. Additionally, more people are investing in energy-efficient home upgrades, creating more job opportunities for handymen who can offer such services.
In this article, we will explore the top handyman jobs currently in demand and what they involve.
- Plumbing: One of the most in-demand handyman jobs is plumbing. This includes anything from fixing leaks and unclogging drains to installing new fixtures and appliances. Plumbers are also often called upon to install and repair water heaters and sump pumps.
- Painting: Another in-demand handyman job is painting. This includes anything from painting the interior or exterior of a home to staining decks and fences. Painters are also often called upon to do drywall repair work. With the right skills and experience, a handyman can offer professional painting services and make a good income.
- Electrical: Electricians are also in high demand, especially for home repairs and remodelling. This includes anything from replacing light fixtures and ceiling fans to rewiring homes and installing new electrical outlets. Electricians are also often called upon to install and repair home generators.
- Landscaping: Landscaping is another handyman service that is in high demand. This includes anything from mowing lawns, trimming hedges, and removing leaves to installing new gardens and even building decks and patios. With the right skills and equipment, a handyman can offer professional landscaping services and make a good income.
- Carpentry: Carpentry is a handyman job that involves building, installing, and repairing structures and fixtures made from wood. This includes anything from building decks and sheds to installing new flooring and cabinetry.